[ensembl-dev] name of node for reconstructed ancestral

Lel Eory lel.eory at ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 14:57:24 GMT 2010

Hello there,

Is there a way to get the name for the reconstructed ancestral node in a
multiple sequence alignment through the perl API?
E.g. when I get the 6 primates EPO alignment for a slice I can get the
name for the leaves like "homo_sapiens", but for the reconstructed
ancestrals I only get "ancestral_sequences".
How can I get the newick formatted "definition" for the nodes like
"(homo_sapiens,pan_troglodytes)" as it is shown on the website?
Is this information stored somewhere or is it specified based on the
order of sequences in the multiple sequence alignment?

Thanks,
Lel

  Lel Eory
  Institute of Evolutionary Biology
  The University of Edinburgh
  Ashworth Laboratories

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.