[ensembl-dev] getting the entrez gene id from an ensembl record

LAW Andy andy.law at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 13:56:47 GMT 2010

On 2 Dec 2010, at 13:52, Glenn Proctor wrote:

>>> And can we use get_all_object_xrefs() (i.e. "get all xrefs from this
>>> object, not from its constituent parts") as an alias for
>>> get_all_DBEntries()?
>>
>> get_all_direct_xrefs() would describe this better for me.
>
> We use the phrase "direct xrefs" elsewhere in Ensembl to mean
> something different (a category of xrefs we assign directly, rather
> than by sequence matching). I'm not 100% happy with the
> "get_all_object_xrefs()" name either though, so keep the suggestions
> coming ...

get_all_immediate_xrefs()

?

Later,

Andy
--------
Yada, yada, yada...

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.