[ensembl-dev] probe annotations

Koray Doğan Kaya kkaya at bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Dec 2 08:39:06 GMT 2010

Hi  Folk,

It is well known that ENSEMBL already aligned each probeset to each
transcript. It is easy to go from gene to any probeset id in any array
platform via PERL API. I wanna ask the reverse, if my input is a probe set
id or probe id is there a quick way of reaching to the gene? Are there any
pre defined tables queryble via sql for this purpose? Or did anybody write
a script about it? I dont want to use the biomaRt web site because it
needs to use hands.  I need live matching by the way..

Thanks..