[ensembl-dev] [Compara] V. 59: GenomeDB->name now returns names in different format

Giuseppe Gallone G.Gallone at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 17:05:47 BST 2010

Hi,

I just installed the API V.59 and found out that now a call to
GenomeDB->name will return species names in the

homo_sapiens

format, rather than

Homo sapiens

format, like before. Is this a change that's here to stay or do you plan
to review it? Just asking because I had some code checking all the
genomes by the full name. Should I check the genomes by the NCBI taxon
id instead (maybe more likely not to change)?

Thanks
Giuseppe

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.