[ensembl-dev] changes to Ensembl Genomes FTP site

Dan Staines dstaines at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 16:03:56 BST 2010

As part of the new release of Ensembl Genomes, scheduled for 31st
August, we intend to reorganise the public FTP site
(ftp.ensemblgenomes.org) to organise directories by release and then
division e.g. pub/release-5/bacteria.

While we will aim to preserve the existing division-centric directory
structure for existing users by using symbolic links, there may be some
disruption whilst the reorganisation is carried out. This is likely to
happen between 9:00 and 17:00 BST. A mail with more details will be sent
once this work is complete.

Thanks,

Dan Staines.

--
Dan Staines, PhD               Ensembl Genomes Technical Coordinator
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492507