[ensembl-announce] Joint REST server for Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes in Ensembl 96 / Ensembl Genomes 43

Astrid Gall agall at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 10:48:57 GMT 2019

Dear all

We will have a joint REST server for Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes (rest.ensembl.org) as of Ensembl 96 / Ensembl Genomes 43, scheduled for April. We will retire rest.ensemblgenomes.org at the same time.

While we appreciate that this change will require you to update existing scripts and pipelines, we believe this is a positive move as all species available across all taxonomic divisions in Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes are now available through a single interface.

Please find all details in our blog, to help you to plan any required modifications ahead of the releases:

http://www.ensembl.info/2019/03/08/joint-rest-server-for-ensembl-and-ensembl-genomes-in-ensembl-96/

Best regards,

Astrid

On behalf of the Ensembl team

--

Dr Astrid Gall

Ensembl Outreach Officer

European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), main building

Wellcome Genome Campus

Hinxton, Cambridge

CB10 1SD

United Kingdom