[ensembl-announce] Ensembl 97 and Ensembl Genomes 44 are out!

Astrid Gall agall at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 4 13:21:27 BST 2019

Dear all

We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes updates have been released:
http://www.ensembl.org/
http://ensemblgenomes.org

Highlights of this release include:
- New genomes: pig cross-breed (USMARC), two new hybrid cattle, wombat, four fish species, common liverwort, lancelet, scrub typhus mite, velvet mite and 68 protist species
- New GENCODE gene sets for human and mouse
- Changes to lncRNA biotypes
- New Regulatory Build for human
- MANE Select transcripts now available through the VEP

The release blog post with all news can be viewed here:
http://www.ensembl.info/2019/07/03/ensembl-97-and-ensembl-genomes-43-have-been-released/

For the latest news from the Ensembl project visit our blog at:
http://www.ensembl.info

Best regards,
Astrid
On behalf of the Ensembl team