[ensembl-announce] Ensembl 96 and Ensembl Genomes 43 are out!

Astrid Gall agall at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 13:01:18 BST 2019

Dear all

We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes updates have been released:

http://www.ensembl.org/

http://ensemblgenomes.org

Highlights of this release include:
First-pass full annotation of the mouse genome (GENCODE M21 gene set)
Release of Ensembl-RefSeq MANE Select v0.5 transcripts
Update to GENCODE 30 for human
Joint REST server for Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes
Changes to FTP directory layout
New genomes: 19 birds, five reptiles and 12 mammals
New interface for configuration of regulation tracks

The release blog post with all news can be viewed here:

http://www.ensembl.info/2019/04/09/ensembl-96-and-ensembl-genomes-43-are-out/

For the latest news from the Ensembl project visit our blog at:

http://www.ensembl.info

The release webinar is planned for Wednesday 17th April 2019 at 16:00 BST. Please register using the following URL:

https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/8260823671959775489

Registration is free.

Best regards,

Astrid

On behalf of the Ensembl team

--

Dr Astrid Gall

Ensembl Outreach Officer

European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)

Wellcome Genome Campus

Hinxton, Cambridge

CB10 1SD

United Kingdom