[ensembl-announce] Free online interactive Ensembl browser workshop

Ben Moore bmoore at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 09:09:19 GMT 2016

We're excited to announce our free online, interactive Ensembl browser workshop.

The interactive workshop will be a series of live webinars, each representing a single module from a normal one-day Ensembl course. We will then post exercises online for participants to work on in their own time. If people can't make a webinar, we'll post the recordings online afterwards, but the live webinars allow participants to interact with us and ask questions, so it's best to attend the live one if you can. We've also set up a Facebook group so participants can discuss the exercises with each other and us.

It's completely free to attend and will require the installation of free software on your computer in addition to using a web browser.

There's more details, including links to the course, in our blog post here:
http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2016/02/16/learn-about-ensembl-online-live-and-free/ <http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2016/02/16/learn-about-ensembl-online-live-and-free/>

If this sounds like something you'd be keen on, we look forward to seeing you at the course, otherwise please pass it on to any friends or colleagues who might benefit from this. We're really excited about the opportunity to get training out in more ways and to more places around the world.

Best wishes

The Ensembl Outreach Team

____________________________________
Ben Moore