[ensembl-announce] Ensembl Genomes release 27 is out!

Denise Carvalho-Silva denise at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 17 09:33:29 BST 2015

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that the latest update of Ensembl Genomes has been released.

Highlights of this release include:

- Expansion of Ensembl Protists and Ensembl Fungi with hundreds of annotated genomes

- Variation data for bread wheat, rice, Aedes aegypti, and Ixodes scapularis

- Whole genome alignments for Oryza longistaminata and Theobroma cacao

- Non-coding RNA gene models in Ensembl Bacteria

- New assembly of tomato (version 2.50)

- New probe data for barley

- Full support for UCSC Track Hub format for hosting your own data in Ensembl

- Updated gene models in Metazoa, Protists and Fungi

Check our release blog post for more details on Ensembl Genomes release 27.

Best wishes,

The Ensembl Genomes team
@ensemblgenomes