[ensembl-announce] REST upgraded to version 3

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 13:11:38 BST 2014

Dear all,

To provide more json-compliant and structured endpoints for VEP, we have
updated the REST output on http://rest.ensembl.org
Our service is hence upgraded to version 3, although all other
functionalities from version 2 (including POST support) are maintained.

If you are using http://beta.rest.ensembl.org, we encourage you to
migrate to http://rest.ensembl.org
Our wiki,
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/1.0-To-3.0-Migration, can
guide you in this process.

The http://beta.rest.ensembl.org server will remain active for the next
month, but will not receive any new implementations.
If you would like the service to be maintained beyond July, please
contact us.

If you are new to REST, please use our wiki
(https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki) to get started.

Do not hesitate to contact us with any enquiries.

Regards,
Magali