[ensembl-announce] Ensembl 78 is out!
amonida at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 17:16:51 GMT 2014
We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl update (e!78) has
been released: http://www.ensembl.org/
* Instant VEP: immediate answers for a single variant (All species)
* Mouse: genes updated to GENCODE M4, and new assembly patches (GRCm38.p3).
* Transcript Support Levels (TSLs), APPRIS principal isoforms and
GENCODE basic annotations are now accessible through Ensembl BioMart
(Human, mouse, rat and zebrafish).
* Find Gene Alleles across patches and haplotypes (Human)
* Interactive species tree (All species)
* Improved Gene Tree export (All species)
* Updated pig HAVANA annotation in Vega
* Updated C. elegans annotation (WS245)
* Updated data from the Animal QTL database for chicken, cow, horse, pig
* RNASeq data can now be displayed as BigWig tracks, which will enable
faster rendering of these data.
A complete list of the changes can be found on
Also, for the latest news from the Ensembl project visit our blog at
The Ensembl Release Webinar e78 is planned for Wednesday, 17 Dec 4-4:30
GMT. Registration is free!): http://tinyurl.com/e78-webinar.
More information about the Announce