[ensembl-announce] Ensembl Genomes 15 has been released!
denise at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 14:56:01 BST 2012
The Ensembl Genomes Project is pleased to announce release 15 of Ensembl Genomes.
This release contains two new genomes, bringing the total genomes supported to 354. Main highlights are:
* Two new species in Ensembl Fungi: Leptosphaeria maculans and Trichoderma virens. New variation dataset is available for Puccinia graminis.
* Cross-references to other databases have been updated for Ensembl Metazoa.
* A set of homoeologous SNPs between wheat A, B and D genomes using wheat contigs aligned to Brachypodium distachyon as a reference framework is now available, a structural variation dataset for Sorghum bicolor has been imported from dGVA, and a variety of small improvements to our assembly, annotation and variation datasets have been incorporated. See the Ensembl Plants homepage for details.
* RNA-Seq data from the ENA Sequence Read Archive have been aligned to the genomes of Pythium ultimum, Phytophthora sojae and Albugo laibachii. A variation database for Phytophthora infestans using ENA Sequence Read Archive of three different strains is now available.
* Software migration to Ensembl 68
* New Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are now available for all domains of Ensembl Genomes. Have a question? Check if it's been asked before! If there is a FAQ missing you would like to see, contact us.
The Ensembl Genomes Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce