[ensembl-dev] Ensembl 110 - zebrafish ID mapping

Ian Sealy i.sealy at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 12:52:24 BST 2023

Hi,

Can I ask a question about the ID mapping for Ensembl 110, specifically
for zebrafish.

We've spotted a number of genes where the HGNC name is now being used
rather than the ZFIN symbol. For example, kdm2ab is now KDM2A. See:

http://www.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSDARG00000078133

versus:

http://feb2023.archive.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSDARG00000078133

For another example, both titin paralogues are now called TTN:

http://www.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSDARG00000000563
http://www.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSDARG00000028213

rather than ttn.1 and ttn.2:

http://feb2023.archive.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSDARG00000000563
http://feb2023.archive.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSDARG00000028213

It seems to be a widespread problem. Looking at the gene table, in
release 109 there were 23,328 genes with ZFIN names and 164 with HGNC
symbols. But in release 110 there are only 15,924 using ZFIN and 3113
using HGNC.

Any idea what's gone wrong? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ian